Improve your grid operations and planning through complete energy and economic analysis and visualization of all grid influencers:
Demand response, solar and wind, energy storage, electric vehicles, microgrids, VVO, and CVR - including smart inverters
Today’s dynamic grid requires an equally dynamic approach to planning and operations. Nexant Grid360 Distribution Analytics (DA) is a rapidly deployable, web-based visualization, simulation and analysis platform designed to help large, medium, and small utilities manage the increasingly complex changes occurring at the grid edge. Grid360 DA provides system planners and operators with the ability to model the energy and economic impacts of all grid influencers - including demand response and energy efficiency programs, solar and wind generation, energy storage, electric vehicles, and microgrids in combination with Volt/VAR optimization and Conservation Voltage Reduction programs - plan for and mitigate peak loading conditions, and improve situational awareness and system reliability, all while utilizing current system data.
Grid360 DA includes advanced applications to enable distribution planners and operators to more effectively manage the impact of these grid influencers, while taking full advantage of their existing smart grid investments:
- Demand Response (DR) impact analysis
- Energy storage and microgrid impact analysis
- Analysis of both distributed and utility-scale solar and wind, including smart inverters: PV, PF, and PQ
- Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR) and Volt VAR Optimization (VVO) analysis for feeder voltage optimization
- Fault location analysis
- Economic analysis based on various rate programs
- Both balanced (transmission) and three-phase unbalanced (distribution) power flow analysis in the same unified network scenario, for both meshed and radial networks
- Distribution network state estimation utilizing smart meter and SCADA data
- System reliability analysis and improvement
- Near-term through long-term load forecasting, including changes due to electric vehicles, demand response, solar and wind, energy storage, energy efficiency programs, and load growth
- Visualization of current and forecast system conditions to improve situational awareness
Grid360 DA is based on Nexant’s advanced Power Flow, State Estimation, Market Simulation, and Optimal Dispatch applications. It enables utilities to maximize their return on smart grid investments by analyzing the efficiency of the entire distribution and/or transmission grid and prescribing options for further optimization. Grid360 DA provides the advanced capabilities that utilities need to evaluate and maximize grid modernization investments and provide reliable, safe, and efficient power by optimizing both traditional and grid edge resources. Your distribution network is changing. Manage it with confidence with Grid360 DA.